Track and Field
We will work on teaching fundamentals and skills during practice. We believe that athletes gain confidence and a love for the sport through positive feedback from parents, coaches, and other players. Middle school Track & Field is about having the opportunity to experience different aspects of the sport. Skill level develops at different rates, but effort and having fun can always be achieved.Coaching Philosophy
- Practice Begins: March 6th 2023
- Practice Times: Mondays or Tuesdays 3:15-4:30
- Location: Polk track
- Monday March 13th Community Stadium
- Tuesday March 28th Milne Stadium
- Monday April 3 Milne Stadium
- Tuesday April 18 Wilson Stadium
- Tuesday April 25 Community Stadium
- Tuesday May 2nd Community Stadium
- Students must have a current physical on file with Ms. Erivez and be in good academic standing (2.0+ and NO F's)
Practice and Meets Check List
Students will need the following for practice and meets:
- Sports Attire (shorts, t-shirts, pants, long sleeve, sweats, etc)
- running shoes
11 Events: Student/Athletes will have the opportunity to try any event during the season.
- 100M, 200M, 400M, 800M, 1600M, 4x100 relay, 4x200 relay
- high jump
- long jump
- shot put
What To Bring/ What To Wear
The weather can be unpredictable here in Albuquerque. All athletes need to bring warm workout clothes to wear over their uniform when at meets and or practice.
During practice athletes should wear gym shirt, shorts, running shoes with socks.
- All athletes will ride APS-provided buses to the meets. The buses will depart from Polk at 3:15.
- Athletes will be permitted to leave the meet with parents under two conditions:
- A signed transportation liability form is on file.
- A parent/guardian has signed out their athlete with an assistant coach.
- Athletes will only be released to parents/guardians listed on the transportation liability form.
- All other athletes will ride the bus back to Polk at the end of the track meet.
- Athletes will call parents/guardians with an estimated arrival time after boarding the buses.
- Any athletes who are not picked up within 15 minutes of the bus arriving back to Polk will not be eligible to compete at the next week's track meet.
- Annette Erivez
Phone: (505) 877- 6444 ext. 51131
- Lizbeth Ramirez
- 1601 Arroyo Vista Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87120
- APS Nusenda Community Stadium
- 1200 Hazeldine Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106
- APS Milne Stadium
- 12200 Lomas Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87112
- APS Wilson Stadium